Who we are What we do Our belief
¡° Studies have shown that when at least 30 per cent of the population is trained in disaster preparedness, the chances of survival of a victim increases considerably. ¡±
India is a country that is highly vulnerable to natural disasters. Add to this, man-made catastrophes like terror attacks and road accidents; and the causalities are staggering.
The year 2008 saw nearly 90,000 road accident casualties and a far larger number of temporary and permanent disabilities. On the terrorist death charts, we are second only to Iraq â€� a country that has a civil war on its hands and an occupying army.
Given the clear and present danger, there is an express need to arm citizens aware with measures of disaster risk reduction and injury prevention
¡® A prepared community is a safer community. ¡¯
With capability building as its core competency, Philanthrope is a humanitarian, not-for-profit organization registered under 80-G, with the specific objective of promoting self reliance and enabling people to deal with disasters and emergencies.
- OUR RECENT TRAINING PROGRAMMES
- Awareness Program Conducted in and around Delhi to more than 50 Govt. and Public Schools.
- Trained staff of the Taj Group of Hotels, Galaxy Hotel and Rotary Club.
- Trained more than 100 employees of Doordarshan in the field of Emergency management & Disaster Preparedness. The training was aired on DD news.
- Philanthrope will be imparting training to 30,000 volunteers of the Commonwealth Games Delhi 2010.